Sunday, April 24, 2011

Le Burj Khalifa

Too bad it's been so hazy and sandy in the UAE, or my views from the Burj Khalifa would have been unbelievable. Even so, I was still impressed. This first picture is towards the water and the "islands" showing slightly are The World Islands. Sure looks like they're sinking back into the sea...then again the amazing sky just dwarfed everything for me and I just kept staring at the clouds. Literally, head in the clouds.






My friends and I went right at sunset to see the city at both day and night. Quite lovely, quite sci-fi. For inquiring minds, there are bathrooms at the top, and we did use them. TMI? Too bad.




The finale was the show at the bottom. Let's face it, any time Thriller is being blared, my feet start dancing, but when I get to share my legendary moves with fountains, well, no dancing partner is going to be the same. It was fireworks and waterfalls all at once.

1 comment: