Saturday, March 19, 2011

Signed, sealed, delivered

I'm yours, Stevie.

What a show. What a venue. Outdoor stage and energized crowd, Mr. Wonder is a man worth seeing perform. He was amazing. He brought out most of the classics (I'm still waiting for my part-time lover) and even let someone propose to their girlfriend on stage. While rocking out to the tunes we all know was great, it was the interludes of jazz sets with his fantastic band and his unbelievable drum solo that set this show apart from the rest. This has been a year of class acts - the NKOTBSB show better bring their A-game! (Yes, I have no shame in admitted I'm going to that show in June with my homegirls, Nikolina.)

Crowd pleasing evening events aside, this week also brought my 2nd visit to Al Ain and thus the wildlife park. We went a little too late in the evening, but the big cats were still kings of the jungle, the monkeys so adorable with their antics, and the flamingos majestic in bright pink feathers. I'm going back, both to Al Ain and to the park....so much more to see.

With all the turmoil in the world over these last weeks, I leave you with wise words from a wiser man...pick up the phone and sing...I just called to say "I love you", I just called to say how much I care, I just called to say "i love you" and I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

3 comments:

  1. That's great advice. Mom and dad are waiting for YOUR call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Dad is waiting to hear about the job, which I am sure you love and we'd love to hear about from the bottom of our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Part Time Lover is an incredible song. That's a shame he deprived you of it.

    ReplyDelete